2015年12月22日 星期二

受邀印度專題演講 Invited Speaker for Bell Pharma Oration in India

陽明大學腦科學博士/國軍桃園總醫院耳鼻喉科主任    郭錦龍  醫師


 A deep gratitude towards Indian Friends 
向印度朋友致上最深的謝意 


It is my greatest honor to be invited to join the prestigious conference in India, Maharashtra State ENT Conference (MENTCON 2015). This conference was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra State, India. I do not know how to express my appreciation to Prof. D. S. Grewal for his invitation and recommendation of our research on cholesteatoma surgery. I would also like to show my deep gratitude towards Dr. Ninad Gaikwad (Organising Chairman), Dr. Kaushal Sheth (Organising Secretary), and the conference committee for their invitation and hospitality. The seven-star hotel (officially known as a five-star deluxe hotel on the standard star system) offered all the comforts of home. 
這次很榮幸被邀請參加印度很重要的一場會議:馬哈拉施特拉邦(Maharashtra State)耳鼻喉會議(MENTCON 2015)。本次會議在印度馬哈拉施特拉邦的孟買市舉行。十分感謝Grewal教授的邀請及他對我們膽脂瘤手術的推薦。在此也要感謝Ninad Gaikwad醫師(大會主席)Kaushal Sheth醫師(大會秘書長)、以及全體大會委員會的邀請和熱情款待。大會提供7星級飯店(正式星級認定系統應為5)提供了居家般的舒適。


In my presentation, I introduced Taiwan to Indian friends, especially the beauties of Taiwan. I believe that many Indian friends will be favorably impressed with Taiwan. As a doctor in Taiwan, it is my responsibility and honor to promote my country in the international occasions. I truly believe this is a successful academic diplomacy. In addition, I would like to show my gratitude to Prof. Chiang-Feng Lien and Prof. An-Suey Shiao for their instructions and supports, which are the foundation of the success of my presentation. 
這次會議上,我特地利用這個機會介紹台灣給印度友人認識,尤其台灣之美。相信許多印度友人對台灣會有深刻印象。身為台灣的醫師,在難得的國際場合推廣台灣是責無旁貸,我深信這是一個成功的學術外交,也為此感到自豪與驕傲。另外,感謝台北榮總連江豐副院長及耳鼻喉部蕭安穗部主任的一直以來的支持與指導,讓我有機會將北榮的經驗分享給國際友人。


During the 45-minute oration, I was very pleased to share our experience of cholesteatoma surgery named Tailor-made Tympanomastoidectomy with Cartilage Reconstruction (TTCR), which was developed by Prof. Chiang-Feng Lien in 1986. This technique has been applied in Taipei Veterans General Hospital for 30 years. The atlas of our technique was selected as the cover picture in the prestigious ENT journal “Audiology and Neurotology.” Many surgeons in the conference showed a great interest in our long-term outcomes of TTCR. I would like to thank the doctors who gave me valuable feedback. That was a wonderful academic communication. To be honest, I am the one who has learned most through this conference.
在這個45分鐘的專題演說中,分享我們珍珠瘤手術的研究成果,這個手術我們稱之為「量身訂做之乳突切除術併軟骨重建Tailor-made Tympanomastoidectomy with Cartilage. Reconstruction (TTCR)」。這個手術技巧是由台北榮總連江豐副院長於1986年發展出來的,至今已經有30年,手術圖譜也榮獲國際權威耳鼻喉科雜誌Audiololgy and Neurotology選為該期刊「封面專圖」。大會上許多外科醫生對我們的手術技巧感到極大的興趣。十分感謝這些醫師的寶貴意見,這是一個相當好的學術交流。雖然我是受邀講者,但其實我才是這次會議收穫最大的人。


I had realized the high quality of medicine in India, but it was not until last week when I joined the the conference that I became aware of the surgical advance in India. Besides, I was quite surprised with the terrific way the committee held the conference, which reflects their positive attitude towards advances in ENT surgeries. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the conference. I congratulate the conference organizers warmly on the success of the conference. I sincerely hope doctors in India and Taiwan will keep in touch, and I also welcome further discussion on any issue in ENT field in the future.
過去已經耳聞印度的醫療水準很不錯,但直到上週我參加了這個會議,才知道印度在手術方面有相當大的進展。另外,我很欽佩大會的用心,整個會議辦地有聲有色,除了講者主題很吸引人,內容也頗具深度,從會後的晚宴更看得出大會心思的細膩。大會的用心反映了印度耳鼻喉科醫師對於耳鼻喉手術發展的高度重視。我相當享受整場會議的氣氛,在此恭喜主辦單位此次會議舉辦地如此成功。衷心期盼印度和台灣的醫生能繼續保持聯繫,未來在耳鼻喉領域的任何問題也隨時歡迎進一步討論。


This is my first trip in India as well as the most unforgettable experience of attending international conferences.
這是我在印度的第一次,也是我參加國際會議以來最難忘的經歷。



Being invited as one of the international faculty.
受邀成為國際講者。



Schedule
大會行程表



Bell Pharma Oration in MENTCON 2015 in India 
受邀印度耳鼻喉科醫學會專題演講 



Introduction of Taiwan
介紹台灣



A gratitude towards my tutors, Prof. Chiang-Feng Lien and Prof. An-Suey Shiao, for their instructions and supports. 
感謝台北榮總連江豐副院長及耳鼻喉部蕭安穗部主任的一直以來的支持與指導。



Two important tutors in my life, Prof. Chiang-Feng Lien and Prof. An-Suey Shiao. 
兩位重要的導師。



Bell Pharma Award in MENTCON 2015 in India 
印度大會致感謝狀 



From left to right: Dr. Nilam Sathe (Organising Treasurer), me, Dr. Avinash Wachasunder (President), and Dr. Kaushal Sheth (Organising Secretary). 
大會頒發感謝狀




Bell Pharma Award 
大會感謝狀




Certificate of Appreciation
大會感謝狀




An appreciation to Prof. D. S. Grewal for his invitation and recommendation of our research on cholesteatoma surgery 
十分感謝Grewal教授的邀請及他對我們膽脂瘤手術的推薦



Bartender at outside bar. Outdoor Bar provided all of the attendees with a perfect place to enjoy a relaxing night after a full day meeting. 
會場外面有露天吧台,各類酒品、飲料任你選、隨你喝,讓開完一整天會議後的醫師能夠好好放鬆一下。



I enjoyed whisky at the outside bar. 
在露天吧台品嘗威士忌是一大享受。



Dr. Yogesh Dabholkar (Organising Joint Secretary) and me


Dr. Ninad Gaikwad (Organising Chairman) was opening a champagne bottle to celebrate conference success. 
大會主席Ninad Gaikwad醫師開香檳慶功。



Dr. Ninad Gaikwad (Organising Chairman) was opening a champagne bottle to celebrate conference success. 
大會主席Ninad Gaikwad醫師開香檳慶功。



One could also enjoy buffet dinner in the conference.
除了露天吧台,會場內也有豐盛的buffet。 



Many Indian friends gave me valuable feedback regarding my presentation. 
感謝許多印度朋友的寶貴意見,這是一個相當好的學術交流。



Thank Dr. Kaushal Sheth (Organising Secretary) for his great assistance before and during the conference. In particular, I could have failed to attend this conference owing to some problems of VISA application if he had not assisted me. Dr. Kaushal Sheth is a humble and courteous gentleman. He offered me a fast service and prompt assistance. 
感謝Kaushal Sheth醫師(大會秘書長)會議前及會議中不斷提供我許多協助,尤其我差點因為印度簽證問題而無法前往印度發表演說。Kaushal Sheth醫師為人相當謙恭有禮,總是第一時間回應我的需求並給予立即的協助。



Indoor Sponsorship & Exhibition
室內廠商展示



Outdoor Sponsorship & Exhibition
戶外廠商展示



Thank the conference committee for the 7-star hotel with all the comforts of home. 
感謝大會提供7星級飯店提供了居家般的舒適。



The first criteria for a 7-star hotel is that it needs to be accessible by sea, land and air. 
七星級的飯店的第一要件為利用以下三個交通方式都可以入住飯店:海上、 路上及空中(直升機)



Goodbye, India. A photo taken in Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. The airport is the largest and busiest airport in the South Asia. The customs are very strict. My passport was checked 6 times through customs.
再見了,印度。攝於孟買賈特拉帕蒂·希瓦吉國際機場。這個機場是整個南亞地區最大、最繁忙的機場。查驗也非常嚴格,我出關時護照就被檢查了六次。





沒有留言:

張貼留言